1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

You know Christmas is on it's way.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Upsydaisy, Aug 10, 2019.

1. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,523
    so all locked down. Flight to Quebec for Christmas, leaving the 22, have a well centered place to stay for short walking distance to lots of touristy things. will do Christmas markets etc. have two restaurant reservations for Eve and Day. Winging it the other days as far as restaurants. So anyone know of must see places, let me know. Meanwhile I scan the internet making lists. getting a map to plot out places also. This Thursday is our Thanksgiving, we are going out for dinner at the place we got married at 30 years ago, first time back. If we stayed home for dinner I would just open up a can. canned thanksbiving.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
      Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
      Ratings:
      +10,523
      not sure how much Christmas decorations I will do, as I don't want to worry about the outside lights while gone. so I might just do the inside star and be done with it, its on a timer. star living room.jpg

• Like Like x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
        Ratings:
        +54,373
        You're joking ...I hope, you wouldn't really eat that...would you?:yikes:

• Funny Funny x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • lolimac

lolimac Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,984
          Yep you know it's on it's way when your neighbour is pestering you to 'get your lights up'...calm down dear it's still November:pathd:...
          I'll put my lights up soon enough but this year is the first I've not had my darling Father with me and it just isn't the same..Ofcourse we'll make the best of it but it won't come anywhere near to what it was when Dad was around...he always made Christmas so special.From me being a tiny child putting out the Brandy and Mince pie for Father Christmas (Which I still do now) to finding the Brandy gone and glitter in the bottom of the glass on Christmas morning..apparently that was off Father Christmases beard:thumbsup:..I'm a Woman in my 50's for heavens sake:rolleyespink:..but am so grateful for those wonderful memories.I'm off..need to blow me nose:whistle:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
          • Like Like x 2
          • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
            Ratings:
            +54,373
            Bless you @lolimac , take time to enjoy your memories and festive fun at your own pace.:grphg:

• Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1