1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Day (apart from gardening) - what took place?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rosebay, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,028
    Very very brave, I hope your tummy doesn't rebel and yes your face was priceless :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Will make a donation as you were so brave to eat a hot chilli, and I agree ME needs to be recognised and needs donations.

Hope your stocked up with loo rolls :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Apple Blossom

Ratings:
      +3,028
      That was easy.... I'm on vodafone and you can text a donation on 70070 quote INRF33 £5 easy peasy :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,631
        Lol Thank you so much :-)

Ya know what my tummy is so far ok altho i am soooo hungry i have had lunch and dinner and i still feel like i havnt eaten for two days. This is not what i was expecting to happen when i ate it to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
        • rosebay

rosebay budding naturalistic gardener!

Full Time Person....OK, pensioner!
          Ratings:
          +1,162
          Oh you have my sympathy liliana. I was a full time carer for my mother for 2 years (lived with her). I frequented a carer's forum at the time (do you? I would highly recommend it in terms of support) and knew that I was not as badly off as so many were. Even so, of course it is demanding and can take its toll on your health. Carers are golden in my view.

There is never a good time to tell the person you care for that you need a break since, obviously, it means someone they are less familiar with taking your place - a disruption to their routine. Nevertheless, needs must. I hope that your husband can realise it would be equally beneficial to himself in the long run.

Make the most of your break! [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 3
          • Apple Blossom

Ratings:
            +3,028
            Maybe it's a new diet plan :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Funny Funny x 2
            • rosebay

Ratings:
              +1,162
              Well, you can buy chilli chocolate now! Pain and pleasure all in one bar! [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
              • Like Like x 1
              • Apple Blossom

Ratings:
                +3,028
                Just to let others know this is a genuine donation I have just received a confirmation text back

Thanks for your £5 donation to IiME.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Apple Blossom

Ratings:
                  +3,028
                  I have a lovely friend in North Wales who makes chocolate and I'm sure that is one of her recipes :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • bigbore

bigbore Super Gardener

Ratings:
                    +756
                    was normal run of the mill day for me, up after a long night shift to taxi two children about and then half the day in the kitchen getting there tea ready and now i'm back in the office where i can rest for the next ten hours until it all starts again tomorrow. Good news is that i'm off next week so get to relax all week with the kids

Jamie

• Like Like x 3
                    • rosebay

Ratings:
                      +1,162
                      How nice! I (sort of) 'make' my own chocolate, i.e. melt down a 70% dark chocolate bar and stir in chopped glace ginger into it; then pour it out into a slab shape to cool. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Creative Creative x 1
                      • Apple Blossom

Ratings:
                        +3,028
                        Ohhhh that's my favourite I just love ginger and dark chocolate :)

• Agree Agree x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • liliana

liliana Total Gardener

Retired
                          Ratings:
                          +2,580
                          Visited the surgery, just rang up, luckily my normal doctor was the emergency doctor, rang at 8.am, saw her at 8.30am we are so lucky with our surgery.

She say's I am really stressed out, agreed to up my antidepressants, I do find them very helpful.
                          Gave me a lot of good information, what to do next, telephone numbers, not to
                          worry about chasing up the organisations, who are dealing with my case. She said I was doing everything right regarding his care.

I feel a lot better. I have told my husband quite a bit of the conversation, though,
                          chickened out about the respite care, I think he would take it better from someone
                          in authority.

I managed to clear the washing basket, (that was one of my to do today on my list)
                          I have to write lists every day, as I cannot remember what I should do, and then by
                          the end of the day, realised I should have made an appointment or similar.

Some other things got done, some others , well they can stay until tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • rosebay

Ratings:
                            +1,162
                            I had a medication review (for treating my high blood pressure) so I seized the opportunity to ask about (what is supposed to be) my imminent operation (to remove a large nasal polyp).

In late May, the doctor examined me and put through a letter requesting the operation, marking it as urgent! My understanding is that a 3 month wait is the 'norm' with most operations but, of course, normal practises are out the window with the current state of the NHS. At least the GP I saw today said he would chase it up; he made a note to do so.

Meanwhile I am trying to get myself more healthy since every operation carries some risk (and I am no spring chicken!) It is a small op but I have had it done so many times now that there is the complication of excessive scarring and how this effects bleeding. (Took a bleeding long time to dry up last time!) [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
                            • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
                              +3,631
                              not a lot happened today

spent most of it on the phone to my friend while he was bored at work and then to my mum to try and sort something out for my dad.

been weaving in ends on some socks i made this evening and then found this cool photography project on chronic illness called suffering the silence (http://sufferingthesilence.com/#sthash.AgjATt2r.dpbs) and they want you to get involved and take your own. So wrote M.E. (there was no way i was writing out the full thing and i couldn't be bothered to add raynauds phenomenon either lol) on my arm in a lipstick i found (didnt know i had any anymore) had a mini selfie photo shoot and just finished photoshopping the pic and will post it on my social media tomorrow with the relevant hashtag :-)

so that was a fun end to the day

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                              • Informative Informative x 1
                              • rosebay

Ratings:
                                +1,162
                                I used to be a cyclist (for 40 years!) until an accident irrepairably dented my confidence (the driver of a parked car, suddenly and unexpectedly swung the door out into me...thereafter I became too nervous cycling past parked cars).

Of course I really miss the freedom of cycling. However, I see that there is no a new craze with scooters for adults! [​IMG] (Ha well...maybe not quite THAT excited about it!) I am contemplating getting an adult scooter just to zip round to the local shops...although not sure if it is advisable re. placing a shopping bag on the handlebar to journey back. Would welcome some feedback.

Today I did my random act of kindness (it is quite a movement and I make no apology for shamelessly giving the link here). It is what the title suggests; if stuck for ideas then click on the "kindness ideas" section

https://randomactsofkindness.org/

I always buy a copy of the Big Issue but went one stage further today. (I have enormous compassion for the homeless since I was street homeless myself in my teenage years, for 6 months, and always remember being constantly cold, tired and hungry). With it being a fairly hot day, I asked the Big Issue vendor whether they would like an icecream (I was getting one for myself from Thorntons, nearby). She was pleased (and so was I - it's a buzz to give/help) and I got her a vanilla one (plumping for a chocolate one for myself!)

Other random acts of kindness I do is, at Sainsburys check out, always to accept the school 'active kids' vouchers and pass them on to a parent with a schoolkid, letting someone go before me in the checkout queue (if they have a few items)...there are just so many ways to make a small difference to someone's day.

• Like Like x 2
                                  Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
                                Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.