Your Day (apart from gardening) - what took place?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by GCHQ, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
    Ratings:
    +43,788
    Thank you lolimac, it's the same with ours.

2. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    Had to re decorate the ceiling in the dining room. We had a leak from the shower over Christmas, so had to take down to sort out. Very annoying as it was a new ceiling in October. But all got sorted. Plasterer did his bit, but I have been putting it off due to the mess it would create, sanding down to blend it back in. But today I have undertaken the task. Our back room is open plan with Kitchen, diner and living space, so we removed all furniture, blocked off the kitchen with plastic sheeting and away I went. Sanded and applied sealant coat. Checked for any filling needed, not one part needed any filling :dbgrtmb:, 2 coats of paint and all back to normal. As we had no furniture in there we have done a proper deep clean as well. One very happy chappy and incredibly happy wife. Down to the pub me and my mate have opened during lockdown at the bottom of the garden called the everyone’s staying inn later for well deserved beer (over the fence chatting with beer).
    Rusty

• Like Like x 3
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,365
      • Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +49,904

General advice for all cat owners

You should wash your hands before and after any contact with your cat.

T'other Half said "There's not enough hand sanitiser or soap in the entire world for us." :loll: :cat-kittyandsmiley:
        Ours sleep with us (under the covers, on top of us, draped across us, curled up to us). Not much difference in the daytime. Munchkin rides around on T'other Half's shoulders. But we are fortunate to be isolated in location.

• Like Like x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +54,365
          Same with my sister and her cat too Vicky!!

Gave me a shock when I was staying with her after her most recent surgery , I woke up to find her fluffball draped over my face in the middle of the night..:cat-kittyandsmiley:

• Funny Funny x 4
          • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
            Ratings:
            +43,788
            The reason why I asked is a w
            Thanks @Upsydaisy that's very helpful, :smile: we
            were still doing the 4 walks but in different parts of the estate, close to where we live. We changed the way that we walked in the afternoon a week ago had this come through the post from someone who knows us from the walks but didn't know where we actually lived and must have followed one of us to find the number. They sent this through the post. It's copied from a news paper.
            20200406_153023.jpg
            20200406_152959.jpg
            We've cut out the 2 afternoon walks, they still go out for a wee but that's it. We take them for a walk at 10pm but i don't really like it, I don't like the dark very much.

• Like Like x 2
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +2,946
              Hi All,

Cleared out the shed, which is part of a bigger project. As we built a utility in the back of the garage last year ( still to be completed). I lost just over 2m of the garage. So she’d, garage and utility have become a bit of a dumping ground. So phase 1 is the shed.
              Before: 1FA2829F-D498-4A6F-9AEC-2AD53FF14387.jpeg C014CAE1-58D2-411C-8879-A8B6B3FD0FB3.jpeg 934CA943-656A-4353-AEBE-8340ADEC7670.jpeg EF5B7208-C884-4CEF-9ADA-53DC7333447D.jpeg F8E855D8-C543-490D-A9FB-8CF321A5F401.jpeg

So 6 hours later. A148681F-1019-422F-B929-E071B72561D6.jpeg 2D8007B5-37CC-41E4-BD35-94162447DECD.jpeg 5D418CA7-C44E-4CEC-B777-2DB55F0FBAF1.jpeg 9F779D3A-A222-49AC-8D97-E99FF9CF0E30.jpeg 2175D18F-47E4-4783-AEAC-7808A5B5F13B.jpeg

Still got a few things to do. The black frame hanging on wall is the base for table saw. I want to replace this with a folding wooden one. I might use it a bit more then as well, as it is a pain to get out. I am also going to use the lath and 6mm ply in front of big shelves and make some dividers for the plant pots etc under the windows. I am also going to build a cupboard around grey seed draws to give me some extra storage for boys. Only problem now is I can’t get rid of the stuff I want to as tips are closed.

Garage tomorrow.

Rusty

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
              • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
                Ratings:
                +49,904
                • Agree Agree x 3
                • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
                  Ratings:
                  +117,290
                  • Funny Funny x 4
                  • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                    Ratings:
                    +30,478
                    I'm pooped. I spent a part of the day making non medical masks for people I care about. These are woven fabric ones that are also lined with woven fabric, assembled and then top stitched all round. I've been making them masked, with hands sanitized and gloved, fabric prewashed and sealed in bags ready for pick up from my mail box.

Changed and laundered linens. Did a smidge of garden clean up too but mostly sewing. I've got fabric cut out to carry on tomorrow.

And conversation with one friend... "Do you have masks for your family?" Her, "No, but we sure could use some, how much?" Me, "I'll make one for everyone in your family with what I have on hand and there is no charge, I just want to see my friends keep as safe as possible" Her "Oh, thank you so much! I'd like mine with something with flowers on it and.." :doh: Me "the fabric shops are shut and I do not have any suitable fabric with flowers, the boys will have black ones and the girls will have something with light colours" Her "oh, well that will have to do!" :thud:

She is such a nice and pretty woman.. a definite case of the outside of her head being far superior to the inside. I know she meant no insult :rolleyespink:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                      Ratings:
                      +43,788
                      Fed the birds and the hedgehogs, washed my hair i always do it on a Friday afternoon and walked the boys.

• Like Like x 2
                      • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Ratings:
                        +54,365
                        Your lucky if your hair stays good for a week @Logan!! If I'm out in the garden I would really prefer to wash mine daily but my hair can become a little dry if I do, so sadly have to make do with every other day instead....and put up with the thought of garden debris in my hair.....so long as there aren't any garden creepy crawlies in there as well!!!:heehee:

Well it has poured down today :yahoo: so haven't done much. Have managed to book a grocery delivery slot for 12 days time. It will be the first large shop in 6 weeks, apart from some fruit and veg I ordered with my Dad's online shop a fortnight ago. So not bad really.

Spoke with my adorably cheeky great nephew via our Alexa Shows this morning. It's his 3rd birthday and he was having blueberries and pancakes for his breakfast.
                        He then showed me some of his presents.He put his little hand on the screen to give me a 'high 5'.....soooo very cute.:)

Can't believe how much rain we've ended up getting as the forecast wasn't that promising at all. It will definitely fill our 5 large water butts and the 2 Suzi containers.:yes: The garden should look quite lush and everything will be kickstarted into rapid growth .....including the weeds!!!

Off to select a new library ebook to snuggle down with for the afternoon.Bliss!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
                        • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                          Ratings:
                          +43,788
                          Thanks @Upsydaisy I used to wash it twice a week but these days i don't really need to,my hair is long so the top does get a bit greasy. I colour it so the ends do get dry. Now i put coconut oil on the ends of my hair before I wash it now it's a lot better. I also use a coconut shampoo and a separate coconut conditioner, when i put the conditioner on I pile my hair on top of my head then wrap my head with clingfilm and leave it for 10 minutes, rinse my hair squeeze all the water out then put a towel on it for about a hour then i put a coconut and argan oil serum on the ends,it's made a real difference to the condition of my hair. Also i only colour the roots of my hair instead all of it.

Happy birthday to your great nephew.

Glad that you had the rain. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                            Ratings:
                            +43,788
                            I like to watch these in the evening

• CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                            Ratings:
                            +30,478
                            Made cream of asparagus soup after harvesting some. Churned double chocolate ice cream. Barbecued some sausages. Spent a lot of time perusing purse patterns, bought some. Then ordered fabrics to play with the patterns. Ordered harware for the purses. Ordered pavers from the hardeware and a GFI outlet to replace one of the ones outside that decided 25 years was enough service and stopped workng/wouldn't reset. Did some tidying and am now sat with a spritzer. :)

• Like Like x 1
                            Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.