1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING, USA!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    There are around 319 million people in the Good Old USA when I last counted them on my fingers and Abacus.

[​IMG]

So how come out of all those millions they can only come up with a self centered, egotistical, many times bankrupt, schoolboy Bully, and a Lady who's husband was President of the USA and wants to keep it in the family to be candidates for the role of President?. There are a lot of brilliant, good folk in the USA but the fact that they haven't Billions in dollars of Sponsors to back seems to be telling us that the Dollar comes before Democracy??

• Agree Agree x 5
    • daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,881
      00000000000000000000000000001348Trump is a dangerous prat. Clinton just wants to get her own back on her philandering husband. Both are not concerned about us in Europe, we are just cannon fodder.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
        Ratings:
        +7,491
        I'll be glad when it's all over with - a bit like Brexit. :rolleyespink:

• Agree Agree x 3
        • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,101
          Trump will be just another President that says a lot but gets nothing done (like obama)

Clinton will take us to WW 3.

Idiot or certain death ? I`ll go for the idiot please.

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • ARMANDII

Ratings:
            +100,836
            That's strange, because most people think Clinton is the one will get nothing done and Donald Duck will cause WWIII:scratch::doh::heehee:
            I think Obama started off with at least 2 dis-adantages, [a] he was the first coloured President the Senate and Congress were, and still are, Republican controlled and due to the way things are run over there they could, and did, block, stop, or water down any of his policies.:doh::dunno::coffee::snorky:

• Agree Agree x 3
            • Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              Sorry WeeTam,

I think you've got it the wrong way round. Trump is definitely the one who's gonna cause WW III . Starting with Mexico.

• Agree Agree x 4
              • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
                +19,596
                I actually think trump, despite being a vindictive nasty idiot in most respects, is actually least likely to cause a major war.

Everyone else is determined to keep on poking Russia with a stick, despite Russia having so far been far more tolerant and peaceful than many nations we actively support.

The UK sells weapons to Saudi Arabia knowing they'll be used on civilians in Yemen. The UK, US and others condemn Russia for bombing rebel positions in Alleppo, Syria, despite actively supporting and boasting about 'operation Shock and Awe' just a few years ago that saw much of Baghdad obliterated from the air by the US.

NATO is squeezing Russia. How can they do anything else but get stroppy? The yanks keep putting hardware right next door, and sending aircraft and ships to taunt them, then crying when the Russians peacefully warn them off.

Trump is the only supposedly allied politician that I've heard at least question why we do this, and in response the stupid yanks claim the Russians must have somehow hacked the election.

• Agree Agree x 2
                • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +5,101
                  A war with Mexico would be bad but not fatal to the planet. Clinton and her backers are spouting endless anti Russia anti Putin propaganda on a daily basis.
                  There will be a ""mistake"" sometime soon when a US jet shoots down a Russian Jet or some dopey poodle will "accidentally" use a RAF drone to attack Russian troops?

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                    +100,836
                    I'm a little bewildered by your assessment of Russia:scratch::doh: You're talking about a country that initiated a war in Ukraine, supplied missiles to rebels who shot down a civilian passenger aircraft that killed 298 innocent people, moved some of their own troops into the Ukraine to help the rebels while denying they were doing so. Annexed the Crimea in the same way that Hitler did, while initiating the Ukraine crisis, and killing thousands of people in the process, to divert the West from focusing on his expansion of Russia. Russia is also involved in expanding it's influence in the Middle East via the Syrian War, attacking a Aid Convoy, allowing the Syrians to use Barrel Bombs, and chemical warfare against their own people, women and children included. This is the peaceful/tolerant country that flies Bombers against our UK defences every day, sails warships through the English Channel not because they have to, but because they can. Yep, that's my definition of a tolerant country too.:dunno::doh::heehee:

• Agree Agree x 6
                      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2016
                    • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                      +100,836
                      Well, the Turks have already done the first, and since then the Russians have been very careful where their planes fly. The second has already been done by the USAF in Deir al-Zour with Russia denying any of their personnel were killed while the Coalition believe that around 4 Russians died.:dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
                    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
                      +19,596
                      My recollection of reported events differs.

I recall a time before Russia and Ukraine started fighting. A time when documentaries showed that fascism was rife in Ukraine with a very active neo nazi group and regular organised violence against foreigners, ethnic minorities, homosexuals and anyone else that didn't fit their ideal.

I remember they had an elected government with a prime minister that showed some affection for the former Soviet union. Then the people decided to oust him. Not democratically, but through pure violence. I remember the news showing what looked like a war zone in the middle of a city, and the police that tried to stop it being attacked with petrol bombs and large lumps of concrete literally lifted from the pavements. I remember us all being quite passive about it all because the violence seemed to be in support of a pro EU candidate and against a pro Russian one.

I remember the pro Russian Ukrainian pm literally fleeing in fear for his life. It was literally a coup de etat to which we all turned a blind eye because it suited the eu and US.

Having violently and undemocratically initiated regime change, other people who still had Soviet era fondness for Russia, we're now in peril. The people of Ukraine had proven that in Ukraine, democracy counts for nothing, and nobody can police it. The Ukrainians themselves were fighting each other rather than quelling a violent uprising. Nobody else did anything to stop the violence. Russia had an interest in doing so, in that many people in the Ukraine still identified as Russian, and now those people faced hostility from their Ukrainian former friends and neighbours.

What did NATO or USA or the EU do to make peace during this crisis when civilians were being attacked and killed by civilians? Not a thing. So the Russians did.

Now Russia is as you say extending it's interests in the middle east. Like when the Americans seized control of Iraq's oil infrastructure. According to the BBC, IS held territory in the middle east has been shrinking consistently over the past 12 months or so, ie since Russia decided to intervene. Prior to that, no progress was being made.

In my lifetime, Russia has almost always opposed suggestions of military interventions by NATO et al. We can't blame the Russians for Syria. It was the US and allies that created a power vacuum in Iraq and Afghanistan to be inevitably filled by some group or other. We've made a mess that we can't clean up. Russia is trying to clean it up for us. They are supporting assad, by all accounts a horrible man. But is he a more horrible man than the myriad of other horrible men in the region leading one extremist group or another that's prepared to use women and kids as pawns in their violent political games? We even here how our lot support 'moderate rebels '. What is a 'moderate rebel'? Is that not like saying 'a terrorist that's not quite as bad as other terrorists '?

And what are our politicians doing while all this is going on? Are they talking to the Russians, working super hard to find some agreement on a peace plan? Nope. They're threatening to shoot down Russian aircraft.

Women and kids are dying in a war zone. The world's superpowers are more than capable of devising unified plan to introduce and maintain peace. Yet instead they choose to bicker and threaten each other. It's shameful and embarrassing. Britain, Russia and America are like three little kids bickering whose ball it is, forgetting that it belongs to none of them, they weren't invited, but now they're here they could all play on the same team.

• Like Like x 1
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
                        Ratings:
                        +118,527
                        To get back on topic :noidea: :heehee:

Depending on which 'news' media you take notice of, we seem to have a choice between a lying, racist, egomaniac with impossible policies and dreams and a lying, racist, egomaniac with impossible policies and dreams.

Well, I suppose I have just described most politicians :whistle: - but not my local MP :)

It's just sad that the U.S. can't find any better candidates.

My opinion of the two of them is not very high (just in case you couldn't guess) and having watched all the debates I would definitely not vote for Trump (if I had a vote). Neither would I be happy voting for Clinton.

Apart from finding his response to questions being even more evasive than hers he has a body language that I totally abhor.

I've spent my working life reading body language, and teaching it to my staff, and the reading of it tends to be fairly accurate. It was a very important part of training in order to handle so many people properly.

Her body language is not particularly good either but she is good at controlling it :dunno:.

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
                          At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
                          Ratings:
                          +49,623
                          I heard a good one on the radio the other day - if Trump and Clinton went to sea in a boat today, and it sank, who would win?

America!

• Funny Funny x 4
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
                            Ratings:
                            +2,881
                            I would have said the rest of the world.lol If I were American, I would be voting for Lincoln. Even dead, he would do a better job than those two poseurs.

• Like Like x 1
                            • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
                              Ratings:
                              +86,077
                              I tend to think there is one thing we miss over here, that happens over there.

Basically they elect the person who will be the candidate who has reached this point.
                              In our elections, we get stuck with the one the party picks.

So, having said that, these are the two that the population has decided mostly reflect their feelings.
                              Or is it?
                              Are they two with the most money to spend?
                              Trump is saying what he thinks people want to hear, some do, some dont,
                              Clinton appears to be on something, Boris, much as I hate him, hit the nail on the head when he mentioned the icy stare.

You must admit, a few other candidates have dropped by the wayside since this all began.

One other thing, why do US Presidents always have such long pauses when they make a speech, I find it quite annoying to listen to.

• Like Like x 2
                              Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.