1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yucca plant

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by hollowaykid, Oct 25, 2005.

1. hollowaykid

hollowaykid Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 6ft yucca plant which is kept in our conservatory, I have to move it and want to know if it ok to cut back the leaves which are protruding everywhere? Will this damage the plant if I cut it right back to the stem? Any advice greatly appreciated.

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Is it a true Yucca?

Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shape

A yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps just over half of the protruding leaves first time, wait to make sure its not adversely affected it and when all is ok, do the other half