1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

10 blade mower cylinder cassettes ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Charlie996, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    I have put two years work and effort to improve the lawn in our back garden. I have a bit of a tool fetish and have now got a really nice Atco Balmoral cylinder mower. It's the third mower I've bought and it really does do a great job.

But there is a ten blade cassette that can be bought and replaces the standard six blade one .. My question is has anyone had or got a mower with one fitted ? If so how great is the improvement ??

It's a bit of an outside question but worth an ask ..

Charlie.

2. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,954
    I haven't used a 10 blade one just used a six (not much), but i would say that it may give you a finer and even cut

3. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    Yes thats the plan.. I hoped someone may have some experience with using one. They are not cheap so its worth investigating if they are worth the outlay..

Thanks

Charlie.