1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

A nnouncement-Kandyfloss

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Kandy, Aug 28, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandyfloss it is a pleasure just so pleased to hear from you and that you are maybe a little better. [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,898
    Hi, Kandy. Glad to hear you're still mobile, albeit with some discomfort. Take things carefully and don't overdo it! [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks LOL.It's taking a bit of time to catch up and I have only been gone a short while.

Hope you are well in the land of sunshine.I was thinking of you this afternoon.I was watching one of my favourite films this afternoon"Love Actually "and wasn't sure,but there is a bit where Colin Firth rents out a place in Portugal.When I see the film I always think of you.Have you seen it yet?

By the way how are the little ones?

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Glas youre feeling a bit better [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thankyou Marge.Everyone has been so kind with their nice words and thoughts.It is a pleasure to be on here with such a nice bunch of people.

Kandy [​IMG]

6. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,498
    Hi K, catching up at last. Hope you get some respite from such a painful condition, I have had back problems over the years, never had Sciatica but know people who do so I sympathise. hope you are back with us soon. [​IMG]

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Strongylodon.Thanks for your kindness.My Sciatica is getting a lot better especially as I am trying to keep mobile.

I managed to drive my car for the first time since Friday,so must be getting back to normal.It ruined the Bank Holiday though,and we had got a lot of harvesting to do on the allotment.
    It is now raining and the forecast looks rotten for the next four days...
    Oh well can't complain the gardens need it.

Thankyou
    Kandy

8. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good to hear things are settling.

I may be preaching to the converted, but may I suggest you visit your local physiotherapist for some exercises. As part of a daily morning routine, it can and does help prevent further problems.

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Hi Kandy, Glad to hear you are improving [​IMG] Take it gently...I suffer with back problems too... Have you ever thought of doing Yoga or Pilates, when you are well.. They are both very good as they are stretching excercises, but gentle... Also swimming... All these are supposed to help sciatica sufferers.. I have done the swimming & Yoga trail for a while now & the benefits are very good...!!!! ;) :D

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi MF.I have never done Yoga or Pilates,but used to go swimming regularly when I belonged to a Gym last year.I stubbed my toe on the second day of our Holiday in Cornwall last year,and ended up breaking it.

When I went back to swimming the pain was terrible so I had to pack it in.Trouble is I developed the start of Bronchitis in February this year due to my husbands heavy smoking,so the Doctor said when I went to see him. Now, I have got out of my exercise routine, though I need to get my fitness back for a forthcoming holiday.

Thankyou for the advice though I will look into it.

Kandy

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Hi Kandy, Sorry to hear of your unfortunate mishap on holiday!!! Bronchitis too!!!! :eek: Poor old you...!!! I fell last year & smashed my right shoulder & broke the arm to the ball. No damage to the socket though thank goodness.!! It is very hard to get the movement back again as you have to re-educate the muscles I know.. I has taken me all this time... I do yoga & swimming... Do try to get back into some kind of fitness routine to try & set yourself up for the winter... It will all help to fend off things like Bronchitis as you will be feeling so much better..!!! "No gain, without pain" as they say!!!! Vitamins too..!!!! :eek: Gosh, sorry, didn't mean to preach...!!!! Here endeth todays lesson..!!!!! [​IMG] Seriously do try to sort something out.. [​IMG]

[ 31. August 2006, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,488
    Kandy
    Sorry to hear you have bronchitis as well. Tell your hubby that I said he should give up smoking - it is very inconsiderate. :mad: :mad:
    ----------
    shiney

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney thanks for the advice.I have spent the last 27 years trying to get my husband to pack up smoking.It was his way of rebelling against his strict upbringing.He smokes a pipe and it is the first love of his life.
    His parents accepted the smoking,by saying he needed it for his stressful job!!.
    I have been chesty for years,and throughout 2005 and into 2006 had 6 colds one after another.No sooner as I managed to get rid of one then I caught another one.
    The one in February really brought me down,and my lungs were rattling something chronic.
    In the end I went off to the Doctors and had to be given antibiotics to clear up the chest infection I had developed.He asked me if I smoked and I said I was a passive smoker.He then said he would have to lean on my husband to get him to pack it up.
    The only good thing now is he sits out in the conservatory to smoke and doesn't smoke in the car.
    It is a joke in our house that when he pops his clogs I am going to make sure he is buried with his pipe in his mouth,his baccky in one hand and his lighter in the other.That didn't go down well.
    The only thing I can see is that I shall go first,unless he manages to smoke himself to death.
    Even the dog wheezes!!.
    I have even tried telling him how much it has cost him over the years but I just get :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thankyou for your concern

Kandy..cough cough [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi MF.
    I am trying to build myself up already for the winter by taking evening Primrose and Codliver oil capsules.
    I really must get back into the swimming,before I get too unfit.
    It took me so long to get back into my walking,because of the bad chest infection,that I couldn't go very far,because I was so breathless.I felt more like an asmatic,but didn't like the feeling that I was fighting for breath.
    My husband moans at me for snoring,but I am so blocked up a lot of the time.I wake up feeling like I am choking to death.I find Obus Oil a great help and I read somewhere that you shouldn't drink milk because it can make you produce a lot of nasty stuff that isn't good for you.
    I think my problem is I tend to worry about everyone else and not so much about me.
    I really should start having some me time for once.
    We are trying to get a couple of bikes sorted out that I can fit into the back of my Ford KA.
    I cannot get my mountain bike in the back of mine and you cannot get a bike rack.
    We have just had a folding bike come today from Argos that my husband can ride,but as I am quite short 5ft 1 inch,I cannot put my feet down on the floor.It looks like I shall have to one made to measure which will cost a fortune.
    I really wanted a folding bike with large wheels,because with the small wheels they are hard to steer on the folders.We shall have to keep surfing.

And don't worry it you are not preaching just advising like Shiney was.

Thankyou both for caring.It is a pity more people in this world did that

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Hi Kandy,
    Glad to hear you are trying to get sorted out. I have just read your earlier post to shiney. Sounds like you have quite a battle going on there with the smoking. Doesn't your husband have a cough or get breathless at all?? Hopefully he might with the cycling.! Then maybe you might get somewhere!! Poor you.! I expect allot of your being "bunged" up nasaly is down to the smoke irritating your all your airways! I think I would also start taking some Echinacea, if I were you, it boosts your immune system. A 6 week course of it would help an awful lot & also get yourself a some good multivitamins. Then you will feel more much like tackling the excersise!!! In turn all of this will improve your sleep & hopefully cut out your snoring... If you start now it should give you some immunity for this winter. Keep up the codliver oil too. So good for the joints..! Keep up all the good work Kandy.. I am not preaching really just telling you how I do it!! I got very low like you a few years back now & this worked for me..!! [​IMG] [​IMG]