1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

All you BARGAIN hunters !!!!!!!!!!CHEAP PALMS

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by steveb1973, Aug 23, 2007.

1. steveb1973

steveb1973 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday in my most local Ikea (Nottingham)I picked up 5 Trachecarpus Fortunei Palms from the "Bargain Corner" they were labelled up �£19.99 each in 3 to 4 or so litre pots. The reduction labels were for �£2 !!!!!! i got 5 (�£100 worth for a crispy tenner!!!) they had been allowed to dry out a little too often and had a few brown leaves. The centers though were lush. a couple of years and these beauties will be looking the business.When a little bigger and weathered off gradually, these palms are reportedly hardy to minus 15 degrees as most of you know, great for t'garden.( as someone on here's saying goes " Live like you are gouing to die tomorrow, Garden like you are GOING TO LIVE FOR EVER")There was plenty left.

2. Tropical Oasis

Tropical Oasis Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't need any more tracky's got 3 and they are huge 10 footers! I did get a bargain at Bridgemere garden centre near Nantwich though, a Bat plant(Tacca) half price a tener instead of Ã?£20. [​IMG] Bargain the other week was a rubber plant from B&Q 4ft high in pot Ã?£1-50! its already got 2 new leaves opening.

3. BekiMac

BekiMac Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've no bargains to add to this post, but TO....
    could you post a pic of your Bat Plant pls?! [​IMG] Is it flowering? Mr Mac & I have been admiring these on the internet for ages, they look bizaar! I thought they'd cost much more than Ã?£20.

4. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    BekiMac, you can get Tacca seed from Thompson and Morgan. David.