1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips re my faulty Hozelock sprinkler

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Olivia9801, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Notwithstanding the 30 year guarantee, which is indeed impressive, I'm happy with the solid brass Geko fittings I'm using which only cost a couple of quid each and have been left outside 365 days a year and still working fine several years down the line. I'd prefer not to have anything plastic for this job, and the whole female-male/male-female thing to just couple two hoses seems like a rubbish idea to me :)

2. oldtj

oldtj Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Good stuff Kristen I did also get some Geko couplers which I forgot to mention and I agree, they are great and makes Hozelock look like something from a Christmas cracker.

3. Houds

Houds Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i had similar problems with my Hozelock Sprinkler and despite warm/Hot washes and flushes & WD40 all to no avail.
    So, i took it apart and found the problem to be the spring loaded shaft that alternates the angle of the sprinkler, the spring had broken, it was as simple as that and also the end of my hozelock sprinkler as i had to saw trough the piece that held the wheels and gears etc.
    I have since bought one from Wilko for less than 1/2 the price and it is a far better item.

4. SprinklerJoe

SprinklerJoe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. Following the advice from this and other posts I spent about 10 minutes on it and it now works perfectly again.
    Specifically I took it off it's base by undoing the only 2 screws you can see, taped up the sprinkler holes, unscrewed the hose connector, and prised out the small filter under the hose connector.
    I then ran it under the hot tap, trying to get some warm water in it. Covering the hose connector end with my finger I shook it for a minute or so as hard as I could before pouring the water out (what hadn't already escaped... shake it outside!). I then filled it again and put a small squirt of fairy liquid in also and gave it another good shake.
    Removing the tape and putting it back together again it worked perfectly - which is fortunate as no-one seems to have a replacement in stock right now!
    Happy sprinkling...