1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Anything as good/better than Roundup 360?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by silu, Jun 14, 2015.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Firstly apologies if this isn't the right place to post re weedkiller. I had a look and the only other place to post was possibly in the fertilizer section but that didn't really fit either.
    Anyway, I was wondering if others may be able to advise me. I have used Roundup Amenity 360 for many years. Got a 5ltr container which lasted ages as really don't use that much. I finished that last year and then found a nearly finished 5ltr container of Gallop 360 which I finished a week ago. I use a residual weedkiller on my "miles" (groan) of crazy paving paths but will need to get something akin to Roundup again for use where I don't want any residual effect.
    Roundup is good but b expensive, I was told the expensive part is the chemicals to make the weedkiller stick but that maybe an old wives.... You can always use washing up liquid to add a bit of adhesion if necessary.Gallop is good too but think you need more concentration than with Roundup so maybe it works out just about as bad cost wise. I don't have a Wilkos anywhere close by unfortunately as believe they do a quite good Gyphosate? Any suggestions please? I have a huge garden of just under 2 acres so I'm in the market for agricultural quantities really altho that said I honestly can't remember how long the 5 ltrs of Roundup lasted me but I'd guess possibly 10 years.

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,612
    I've heard the Resolva range is good Silu but I've not used it. I don't know how it compares in price either. I use Wilko's at the moment. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
      Ratings:
      +12,508
      Although you might no have a Wilkos near you, it can (seemingly) be bought online, here

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Freddy

Retired - yay!
        Ratings:
        +12,508
        Just checked, and it's £3-50 for delivery (so £13-50 in all),still a whole lot cheaper than Roundup.

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,098
        Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
      • Freddy

Retired - yay!
        Ratings:
        +12,508
        Looks a good deal. I had a quick read, but couldn't see the dilution rate, something to consider.

• silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
        +8,083
        Thanks all for the heads up, I have ordered the Clinic Ace from Amazon, Sure it will do the job nicely and hasn't broken the bank either.

• Like Like x 1