1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Are our plants doing ok?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Lisa+Jon, May 31, 2008.

1. Lisa+Jon

Lisa+Jon Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll89/jonohanson/Garden/

Hi...above is the link to pictures of our fruit and veg that we have grown this year... This is the first year that we have done something on this scale and would like to know if the plants we are growing are doing well and if anyone has any tips??

Thanks

2. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Lisa + Jon, welcome. I think you are doing ok, your plants look fine. Just remember to feed them. And enjoy.:thumb:

3. Slinky

Slinky Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Your plants are doing fantastically well, just keep up the good work and dont forget to water them:)

4. Flinty

Flinty Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Your plants look fine.

I'd just suggest that you go easy with the slug pellets. The temptation is to cover every square centimetre with pellets in case one of the slimey beasties creeps through but you only really need a light sprinkling of pellets. The maximum dosage will be stated on the side of the pellets container. I measure out the quantity of pellets per square metre as carefully as I would any other chemical and try to get as even a distribution as possible.

5. Prastio

Prastio Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    All look good to me! Very neat as well!

6. Lisa+Jon

Lisa+Jon Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou for all your comments, one more question do we need to nip out the sideshoots on our peppers??

Many Thanks