1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Aren't kids funny...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by clueless1, Jun 28, 2012.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    After doing a bit of gardening tonight, my 3 year old son took an empty plant pot, a stick, and an old plastic bottle. He placed the stick in the bottle, then placed the upturned plant pot on the top of the stick. He was proud of his creation, and was shaking it, obviously entertained by it.

My missus (his mam) made a fuss, and with the usual parental exaggerated enthusiasm said that age old line, 'that's good, what is it?'

To which our son replied, 'stick, and pot and bottle'.

• Like Like x 7
    • chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,616
      :ThankYou: for making me smile ... i have the 3 yr old granddaughter comming on a play date today, and you have just put my brain into child mode :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,617
        Which reminds me. I have to amuse my six year old grandson who is staying over next weekend and he gets bored so quickly. Think I'd better start making a list of things to do. :scratch:

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
        +19,596
        Get some sand to top dress your lawn with. Make sand castles on said lawn and get 6 year old to smash them up.. I did this one a few years ago with my nephew. It saved me loads of effort and he had tremendous fun.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        He's a chip off the old block Dave, thats the sort of answer i'd expect from you [​IMG]

They're great at that age, I was working away when my Boy was little & desperately needed to tell the Mrs to transfer some money. I only had 20p for the phone & Barney picked it up, he wanted to talk to me but I tried to explain I needed to talk to his mum, saying I only had 20p, he said thats ok Dad, i've got some money you can have, i said no, you don't understand, I need to talk to mum before the money runs out. Its alright Dad, i'll get you some money. No, I need to speak to her...........................

The phone went dead:doh:

When I got home, we went down the pub together, he climbed up onto a bar stool, took out a fortune in pound coins & said "I'll get this Dad"

On questioning him to find out where he'd got the money from it turned out that when I said i'd got no money, he'd taken it on himself to knock on every door in the street & say, "My Dad's got no money, have you got any?":doh:

I avoided the neighbours for ages.:redface:

• Like Like x 4
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,617
          I've got a beach 200yds away for that Clueless, good idea though, thanks. :dbgrtmb: That'll keep him occupied for half an hour, he's a very active child. I'm in for a busy weekend! :phew:

I've discovered the annual 'Tin Bath' race (adults only racing) is on in one of our harbours, so that will amuse him for a bit next Saturday. :)

That's two on the list.........any more ideas are welcome please.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Get a huge box, fill it full of baloons, wrap it up & give him a pin.

When he's finished chasing all the baloons around & popping them, he'll play in the box.

Still works with Willow, that one.

• Like Like x 3