1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

B&Q Heated Propagator - recall

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by westwales, May 3, 2012.

1. westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
    Ratings:
    +598
    I bought two (different models) heated propagators at B&Q this winter. I've heard that one model has been recalled but even my local B&Q didn't know which. I used them for about 2 months without any problems so wondering whether it's worth returning them anyway. Has anyone else bought them? Had problems? Any advice?

2. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    I have one. Its been on the go now since early february.

3. OxfordNick

OxfordNick Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,615
    • Like Like x 1
    • HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +883
      YES I HAVE :mad:
      i bought a heated propogator from bnq years ago. It works to well though it gets so hot once plugged in you could roast a turkey init. Really i should i have took it staright back but instead i bought a variable control for it along with a propogator thermometer and now it works a treat but for the money i spent was not the best of deals.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,176
      From B&Q's website:
      http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templ...ion/product_recall/product_recall_verve52.jsp

Verve 52cm Heated Propagator

B&Q has identified a potential safety issue with the Verve 52cm Heated Propagator (barcode: 04084723, model: 08644BQ) offered for sale between December 2011 and March 2012
      [​IMG]
      Model shown is Verve 52cm Heated Propagator (barcode: 04084723, model: 08644BQ)
      PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY THIS PRODUCT PICTURED ABOVE AND THE VERVE 42CM HEATED PROPOGATOR ARE AT RISK. ALL OTHER PROPAGATION EQUIPMENT SOLD BY B&Q IS UNAFFECTED.
      Despite rigorous quality control procedures it has been brought to B&Q's attention that, in a small number of instances, this may overheat when in use.
      If you have purchased any of these products from B&Q since December 2011 PLEASE STOP USING IT IMMEDIATELY and return the product to your local B&Q store where a full purchase price refund will be given.
      If you would like more information please call our Customer Services Helpline on (UK) 0800 3890419 (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am to 5.00pm)
      B&Q plc apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation.

• HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +883
      BnQ are on there last chance with me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      They've had their last chance with me. I haven't been to their shop for months now, and I don't miss for a second having to wrestle heavy objects past their stupid self service tills, only for a digital voice to tell me to hurry up, and then at the end of it all for it to freeze up and refuse to do anything at all as soon as I try to use my card. And then, when the 1 member of staff on duty finally turns up, for them to sarcastically wipe my debit card on their overalls, bend it a few times, then try to tell me the problem is with my card, the card that I use in every other shop I go to, and that works in every cash point I use, everywhere in fact except B&Q. So when I then write to them to whine about all this, I get told give us your address so we can use MOSAIC and/or ACORN geodemographic profiling on you in order to work out if you're in our top decile and therefore worthy of a £5 voucher, or not, in which case we'll just completely ignore you.

• HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +883
      haha well put. You forgot their discount cards that add a couple of pounds onto every purchase!! :wow: Thanks BnQ oh and the bare roots they sell that dont do anything either.