1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad News for Earthworms

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by BigC, Jul 8, 2019.

1. BigC

BigC Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,765
    Just found a Black Flatworm devouring an earthworm. No known cures except Frogs..doused the blighter with salt.
    Where did this pest come from?
    Not stressing too much but gardening is hard enough without this
    Regards
    C

• Like Like x 1
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      There’s the New Zealand flat worm and the Australian flat worm BigC :sad:
      We were warned a few years back that they were here and of the possible devastating consequences. Yep, they eat our native earthworms:sad:
      The world has gotten so small now....pests and diseases from all over the world are here or coming here. I blame brexit! :rasp:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • BigC

BigC Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,765
        Yeah @Verdun I had read that too, read they were in Scotland but didn't expect to see them here or certainly not in my garden. Like I say I'm not stressing just yet but they are another bugger that comes out nocturnally when humans are in bed. Need my friend back I haven't seen him/her for quite some time now.

Frog.jpg

• Like Like x 3