1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargains have just arrived.....YIPPEE

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by kapper5502, Sep 9, 2011.

1. kapper5502

kapper5502 Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi,

On Tuesday l ordered 2 plastic greenhouse thingys from Wilkos, and they have just arrived.

They were £9 each.......YES.......just £9 each. They are the 4 tier ones....the same as l paid over double that amount for, earlier in the year.

I am WELL PLEASED.:hapfeet::hapfeet::hapfeet::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Josie

• Like Like x 1
    • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Saw them reduced in to £9 in our local store; I have the exact same one in my back garden and despite being christened "blow-aways", with some simple staking wired to each leg my hasn't budged even the worst winds and its been there 3 years now. Granted its had a new cover and I have another ready to go on as well as a fleece cover (made for it) for this winter to protect some tender and young plants.

I paid £12 for it 3 years ago and really for the money it's been an absolute bargain, the extra covers (including the fleece) came in at around £3 each..:thumb:

• kapper5502

kapper5502 Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +30
      Hi Bilbo,

Did you get the fleece from Wilkos as well? Will the fleece be used in conjunction with the original cover, or just by itself? Do you think that it would be warm enough to protect some cuttings which have recently rooted?

Josie

• Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Hi Josie, yes the fleece cover was picked up from Wilko's too, £3.28 I think?, it's purpose made for this greenhouse, I intend to put that on first and then the new cover, I'm hoping it will provide adequate cover for some recently rooted cuttings and some young perennial seedlings; they're hardy anyway so this should just give them extra bit of shelter through the worst of the winter :thumb: