1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Beechgrove Garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by pamsdish, Mar 27, 2016.

1. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
    Ratings:
    +4,445
    :hapfeet:Beechgrove starts again next week, 3rd April BBC2, :hapydancsmil:

• Like Like x 5
    • CharlieBot

CharlieBot Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,523
    • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,100
    • Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
      Ratings:
      +3,699
      First show was last night on BBC2 Scotland..

From their website.

"We will be joining you on Thursdays at 19.30 from 31st March on BBC2 Scotland and across the network on Sundays from 3rd April at 8.45 (time subject to change from week to week)".

http://www.beechgrove.co.uk/

Fact sheets accompany every show they broadcast, http://www.beechgrove.co.uk/factsheets

I love this show, kind of puts Gardeners World in the shade I feel.

Steve...:)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Carllennon

Carllennon Gardener

Techie
        Ratings:
        +246
        For those unaware, you can watch it on iplayer now even from England/Wales, it usually appears on iplayer about 15 minutes after it first airs in scotland

I am a convert, I much prefer Beechgrove over gardeners world now, ill still watch both though :)

• Agree Agree x 1
        • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
          +8,083
          Glad you lot down South like 1 of the very few Scottish programmes that are any good. DO NOT watch River City on the other hand which should come with a health warning that it could bring on early dementia!
          I too watch Beechgrove and really enjoy it. Years ago my previous garden was virtually destroyed by a terrible flood. I lost most of my plants (anything planted for less than about 4 years) tonnes of topsoil, my greenhouse you name it. I also acquired tonnes of silt and stones which were dumped into the garden. I send an email to Carol Baxter to ask her advice about how to best tackle the huge mess. Not only did she reply but she came to see me and the problem. Her great kindness and encouragement gave me the enthusiasm to get going on the mammoth clear up and redo the garden. I'm not sure that without her input I would have had the heart to redo what I'd taken years to create.

• Like Like x 4