1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Beehive Compost bin

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by rosa, Sep 3, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I have just bought one of these beehive wooden compost bins anyone else seen them was wondering how good they are, not using it yet its flat pack and im waiting till i get my allotment for to use it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. moonrakermagpie

moonrakermagpie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey!!!! That was what I thought I'd ordered... it was discribed as the "Taj Mahal" of compost bins. :D :wink:

Maybe I've just not put it together right.

[​IMG]

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    :D:D:D Moonrakermagpie, phew, what a long name to write :ywn:

I LOVE Those bins Rosa and Ive wanted 2 since i saw them in Tichie's Garden, (Alan T) his were painted white :thumb:

4. Lovage

Lovage Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The bee-hive bins look great in a garden where you can't hide a bin but I think are too small for an allotment. I have 3 large bins and still manage to fill them

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    moonraker that compost bin looks awful how long you had it and were did you buy it from, mine is up and perfect well its on my balcony for the time being till i get allotment, will take a pic to show you all.my beehive compost bin was in sections it went up easy and weres the top for yours
    lovage mine is quite a good size but when i get my allotment eventually will buy another compost bin something different for the bottom of the allotment.

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    I love the look of those bins Rosa. They look very smart. I'm not so sure about yours MRM :scratch:
    Ours is a plastic thing, not very attractive but is behind a hedge so cannot really be seen :wink:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    jazmine they are very attractive still have to take a pic to show you mine, id probably get a large plastic one when i eventually get my allotment, dont know what happened to MRMs looks a disaster.his is all falling apart at the seams and his should have a lid.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres as promised pics of my beehive composter ive got it on my balcony for now so ive loaded it with loads of things that im keeping for my allotment when i get one so its come in handy for now.

[​IMG]