1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

black spots on griselinia leaves

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Agt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Agt

Agt Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone help. My 3 year old griselinia hedge is developing these black spots! Last week I removed all affected leaves, but they are back again - in abundance! Ive attached a picture. Any idea what this is and what I can do to treat before I have a bare hedge?! I'm in London and its very hot - don't know if that has anything to do with it! Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hi @Agt welcome to GC.. It looks like black spot to me.. If you look closely around your garden you might find black spots on leaves throughout a whole section of your garden. This can’t be you think to yourself! You don’t have any roses. Unfortunately, you don’t need them. Your garden has been infected with black spot fungus or the Hosta virus but either way I remove all infected leaves and get rid of don’t compost and spray with a mix of milk bicarbonate of soda and water.. 2/3 water and 1/3 milk solution 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate..

3. Agt

Agt Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou - I suspected this too - have sprayed and will wait and see. Warned my neighbour about the disease - and they told me they have this all over their garden!:gaah:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      Oh dear, that could account for your getting it on your plant..It is very common though and I think it likes this hot humid weather @Agt