Brexit Judgement

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by JWK, Nov 4, 2016.

1. WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,078
    If Brexit now fails then the UK as we know is doomed to failure and break up. Hard line Left , Right, and Nationalist parties will form, political violence will become the norm,and we will all end up suffering in a country ruled by the 1%.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
      Ratings:
      +7,491
      Corbyn is now saying that labour will block Brexit if the Government is unable to guarantee access to the single market. The opposition will join forces with Tory Remain supporters and other parties to prevent Article 50 from being triggered if this trade access is not assured. If this is the case then it looks like May will have to go to the country..... I can't see her being successful at the Supreme Court. Oh I'd love her to take it to the European court. :roflol: :loll:

• longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +23,089
      Not unsure at all now that it has been clarified. All she needs to do is get on with the vote.

Nope, but it will not happen over this issue. The whole thing is just a storm in a teacup that has been whipped up by the Daily Wail and other equally sad journalists desperate to be noticed.

Apparently that is now not the case. :dunno:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,996
        In the early hours this morning I read that Labour's policy has changed, come back from shopping this afternoon and find it's changed again, wonder whatvit'll be tomorrow/next week/month?

I don't see how their 'red lines' covering retaining workers rights, environmental protection, investment, etc. would hàve anything to do with EU negotiations following Article 50, as the UK Goverment can simply adopt the relevant EU Regs and replace EU investment with our own paid for from EU Contributions savings.

Guaranteeing access to the Single Market before triggering Article 50 appeared an imposible demand.

If a General Election is called, I doubt if UKIP would stand against any pro-Brexit MPs of any party, and some unofficial/informal arrangement might result in a rout of Labour, a much bigger Conservative majority, and possibly a few UKIP MPs. Maybe somebody has had a quiet word with JC?

• Like Like x 1
          Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
        • clanless

clanless Total Gardener

Gentleman of leisure.
          Ratings:
          +7,618
          UKIP is a dead duck. They've achieved what they wanted to achieve - I'm not sure now what their goal is.

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
            +100,834
            To become the 3rd major Political Party of this country, I guess:dunno:. Don't forget there are still a great number of UKIP voters who didn't just vote for them because of the chance of leaving the EU and they haven't gone away. Labour was in a real mess and so a lot of Labour voters voted for UKIP and, looking at Labour now, not a great deal has changed........well, maybe it's got worse for them:dunno::heehee:

• Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
            Ratings:
            +7,491
            I'm sick of hearing about it as it's shaping up to be the mother of all b@lls ups. I reckon we should use this link and Nuke the lot of them. You can also change the location to Washington DC for those who are fed up with Trump et al. :snorky: You can use a little bomb or a big one....oh don't tempt me! :snork: ;)

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

• Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +5,078
              Ukip could transform itself into the "change" party. Ripping up the way this country is run and who its run by.......

• Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +23,089
                Boy have I had some fun with that!

• Agree Agree x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1