1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bri's gardening progress blogthingibob

Discussion in 'Gardening For People With Disabilities' started by manxnorton, Jun 5, 2020.

1. CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,331
    Hi @manxnorton - sorry none of us got back to you in time to help with advice re the grow lights. I think that it is a bit of an experiment in getting the right level of light (hours per day, lumens, even which colours of LED) for your particular plants. But it will be fun trying!

• Like Like x 1
    • manxnorton

manxnorton Gardener

Ratings:
      +26
      hi good morning,

Never a problems I know people got a busy life atm.

Well I was under the radar yesterday, only for a project that would normally take a ‘Full Bodied’ person to achieve in say an hour.

But as I always say it’s not a game lol like the tortoise I get there eventually.
      So what happened?
      Sod’s law I was having a afternoon nap...knock at the door the Groflux tubes came.

Just shut my eyes again the Sylvania light came.
      So I had to wait for my electrician Guru to mentor me.
      In the next message will be a few pics for you to see the progress and eventually the experiments can start.
      Thanks for watching.
      Bri

• manxnorton

manxnorton Gardener

Ratings:
      +26
      Before
      [​IMG]
      After.
      [​IMG]
      Need to tidy up.
      Thanks for looking.
      Bri

• Like Like x 1
      • manxnorton

manxnorton Gardener

Ratings:
        +26
        Hi all.
        Has anyone got a link for buying microgreens seeds (bulk) atm I’m loathed to shop on eBay for a over priced few seeds costing a arm and leg and comes in a envelope..enough said
        Any links will be appreciated.
        Bri

• NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
        Ratings:
        +21,320
      • manxnorton

manxnorton Gardener

Ratings:
        +26
        Thank you very much.
        Really appreciate this.
        As I said it’s hard (we’ll for my small brain lol) to shop on line, fraught with danger as basically I can’t see the woods for the trees and tunnel vision and don’t realise if I’m buying a load of crap!
        Hope this makes Sence? I.e. I bought only two trays (one holed) and it cost about £9...where as Moles offer 8 x trays for £8
        And looking at the seeds say for 500g for £6, where as the got a measly amount of seeds (and I mean MINUTE!) for say £6 and they got the Gaul to charge £1.50 and upwards PP...hello And there in a bloody envelope!!! 2nd class aswell...
        Anyhooow..rant over I’m learning very quickly.
        So guys and girls I appreciate you taking time to ‘Police’ my buying/learning process with advice and links.
        Makes a really enjoyable experience.
        Manage to get a decent 2nd hand compost bin today from my pal, so off to pick it up.
        PPE and social distancing and all that have a cuppa come home.
        Thank so much.
        Brian