1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Brugmansia 2

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Waco, Jan 8, 2007.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    The ones in the ground tend to be a bit slow starting caj but should start moving next month, you must post some pics when they flower.

2. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi walnut, I'll try. but I am computer illiterate. :confused:
    If Dizziblond doesn't get fed up with my elementary questions, I'll beg for her help. [​IMG] Hope you got my P.M. [​IMG]

3. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am here to serve [​IMG]

Just let me know what I can do to help Cajary and I will do my best to help :D

4. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Dizi. You're a complete Angel (can't find a Smiley for that!) I don't want to hijack this thread with computer questions, so anything I want to ask I'll post on the How to... thread. I've now called in the Big Guns (my MBH) and between us we should be able to work it out. I'll probably have to go easy on the [​IMG] though. :D All the best

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Cajary got your pm sort it this week.

6. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
  7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,903
    I am getting quite frustrated with my Bruggie now. If I pull any more leaves off, it will be nekkid. More advice required, please.

[​IMG]

It has a healthy new shoot at the base! [​IMG]

8. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,953
    :eek: Oh LoL you poor thing....a plant fabulous last year.....lets you down for no aparent reason..I have found this is typical of gardening,there is always something lets you down,but there are others that will suprise you and become stars in their own right.
    I sometimes think after a prolific year they maybe need a rest...Is there any sign of any new leaves coming lower down?

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,903
    Hello, dearest. Yes, this is my pink beauty but there is a new healthy shoot at the bottom. It's on irrigation, I'm fertilising as well (only once or twice a week) plus put copper wires around in case it was creepy crawlies.

I think it's gone quite off me for some unknown reason as there's not even a sign of a bud! [​IMG]

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Lol how long has it been in that pot? it looks like a repotting wouldn't go amiss definitely needs a bigger pot, they need feeding once a week in the growing season and like to be kept moist.
    [​IMG]
    The plant in the center is 2yrs old and is in a 18" pot it has had 2 flushes of flowers this year the last was some 40 blooms buds on for its 3rd flush, it is fed once a week with dried chicken pellets(2 handfulls in a watering can of water, they are easier assimilated than just lying on the top of the pot) in between waterings and once a month use either a seaweed fertiliser or a 12:4:8 npk fertilizer, if you still get yellow leaves in abundance after this regime try epsom salts once a month one tablespoon/gallon of water, some of my seedlings this year are over 3ft tall 1"dia already so I know this regime works,hope this helps.

11. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,903
    Hiya walnut. It's been in that pot (14-15") for two years. Have been meaning to repot it but there's so much upheaval going on here the last week with major building works. Maybe I can get it done today.

I don't know if I can get dried chicken pellet or seaweed fertilizer here ... will have to go to an agricultural shop. The Epsom salts can be had.

Everything looks beautiful and lush there ... I've just gone a lovely shade of green! Do you sit in that chair and talk to them! [​IMG]

Thanks for the advice ... I'll see what I can do.

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,903
    Yellow leaves taken off, now in an 18" pot (it was in the same size pot as the Cestrum), watered and fertilised with Algoflash. It is on the irrigation system. Fingers crossed now. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    That's better I could hear it sigh with relief,last count I had about 60 brugs. no time to sit on that chair always repotting its a full time job,must take a pic. of the cestrum cuttings you sent they are doing well.Good luck with the brug hope it does well for you.

14. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi LoL and walnut. Instead of re-potting each year, couldn't you root prune them when you prune the plant? I did this for the first time this year and they seem quite happy (at the moment). I'm asking this on the site instead of by P.M. 'cause I recon everybody would be interested

15. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,903
    Hi, cajary, I'm in a different situation than the rest of you guys ... ours are TREES here, it's just me having a problem with one in a pot! :D