1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cats!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by RoyP, May 9, 2020.

1. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +21,328
    You can buy a cat deterrent called "Silent Roar" based on lion dung.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
      Ratings:
      +1,218
      With six cats? No problems, as I know the temptations re newly dug/planted earth and take care to protect. Years ago I learned that simple wire netting laid over a bed will prevent invasion. My biggest cat had watched me sifting earth for carrots, sowing the seed, and as soon as I went inside; LOOK AT THIS FINE NEW TOILET SHE HAS MADE FOR ME! Enter wire netting and a fine crop of carrots. Anything bare of growth will invite a cat. After all it is like a litter tray. So I cover seed trays until green appears. But the real defence was the wire netting. It is too unstable for cats to venture on and the plants will grow through in and it is almost invisible. I was fine when I realised why they were attacking my beds!

• Like Like x 1
        Last edited: May 11, 2020
      • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
        Ratings:
        +351
        @ARMANDII hahaha I may well do that ....but on the other hand I would be scared of the big clumsy lion feet clicking my furniture ;)

• Like Like x 2