1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Chuffed to Bits

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by greencuisinequeen, Aug 18, 2011.

1. greencuisinequeen

greencuisinequeen Gardener

Ratings:
    +42
    I only started gardening as a trial this year and me being me jumped in with both feet, over did it and chose to grow from seed but must admit in all honesty I never thought they would take never mind produce! Thanks to the help, advice and banter from GC'ers so would like to show you the story so far and of course if there is any advice then please do send it my way always gratefully received :thumbsup: First 2 pics are Butternut Squash and then Courgettes, my first grown was 24cms. Don't think my peppers are doing so well though, any thoughts:scratch: These were taken about 3 weeks ago so slightly bigger now only getting round to posting today

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Great stuff GCQ:dbgrtmb:

My Peppers have not done well this year, had one fruit & the plants given up:DOH:

Don't think the weather has been good enough for them. Chillies have done better, just repotted one into some mushroom compost & fed it, trying to get a bit of colour into the leaves before the show.

• greencuisinequeen

Ratings:
      +42
      Aw that's a shame Ziggy, least i'm not on my own there although me thinks it was because I was slow upsizing the pots but am feeding them once a week with miriclegrow (blue powder stuff) Thought they looked rubbish compared with ole Monty's on GW lol

• miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,389
      Now Ziggy, do judge that vegetable on the base of the MELPLASH SHOW big, straight and unblemished standards...

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,193
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,193
      My peppers have been very slow this year too, still haven't had a single one yet :( Might pick the first one in about a months time at this rate

• Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,322

I have had two, one had a hole in it and when I sliced it open a earwig crawled out :OUCH:

But it was still tasty :heehee: only I knew what had come out , so I was told :heehee:

Spruce

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,524
      Well done, GCQ :dbgrtmb:

Peppers are slow here as well. Soon as your one starts getting a move on I would repot into something bigger - and try to keep it under cover as the nights have been a bit cold.

• greencuisinequeen

Ratings:
      +42
      Thanks Shiney will do and see how it goes

• miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,389
      You have done very well.