1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Clematis Florida Sieboldii

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Stingo, May 25, 2007.

1. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi everyone

I went to my local GC today and found one of these on the half price clearance section.

It looks very delicate with lovely green flowers but I know nothing else about it.

Any ideas please?

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
  3. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,953
    [​IMG] This is a fabulous Clematus,but in my experience can be temperamental,I have had a problem keeping them,and flowering varies year to year,maybe it's my soil.Good luck anyway.

4. shoot

shoot Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks everyone for the great info.

I am tempted to put it in a pot as on one sight it says that you can do that, also if it's not hardy I can put it in the greenhouse overwinter.

Must say the flowers look nothing like the ones in the pictures yet, although they are green, maybe mine is imature.

;)

6. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got mine in a large pot on the decking...thought that it might have been to hot for it down there, but it's romping away!!! No flowers as yet, but plenty of buds forming [​IMG] [​IMG] I wish the same could be said of one of my Clematis 'Freckles' which has been munched quite severely at the base :mad:

7. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    I've put it into a pot and placed it in the border behind a plant to keep the roots shady, on closer inspection the flowers do look like the ones in the pics, so I'm not confused anymore [​IMG] There are only two flowers out but it is only small.

I bought a freckles some weeks ago (another half price one!)and it is growing well but no flowers either, but according to the label it says
    " 5cm bell shaped cream-pink flowers with red blotches from October to January, also flowers in the summer" so we'll have to wait and see.