Confused Plants

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by trogre, Nov 21, 2016.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +279
    Hi All. As usual this time of year for the past few years the plants seem to be confused as to what they should do.
    I got about 20 pelargonium cuttings about 2-3" high which are flowering like crazy. All the fuchsias taken out of pots and repotted with trimmed roots are fast asleep. Not so the fuchsias in larger pots. They have been de leaved and trimmed down to about 12" for now just to keep them neat and easy to store. These are starting to grow leaves again and even 2 buds on one plant.
    Last year had real success with fuchsia cuttings grown on windowsill. This year for some reason a failure as one by one they are dying off. Same windowsill same time of year,kept moist at least until rooted but not even getting that far so something is different :cry3: Can only be the temperature or I was lucky last year

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      I got Opium Poppies still growing and a Nasturtium that doesn't know it should have died in the frost :doh:

• Lorea

Lorea Wine drinker

English teacher
      Ratings:
      +1,363
      My nasturtium looks much better now than it did all through the summer! :scratch:

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
        At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
        Ratings:
        +48,889
        We've got a nicotiana plant that self seeded between a couple of slabs out the front, and it is a cracker! If only all the other stuff we tried from seed this year had grown as well. we'd have had a good year.

• longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +23,089
        My winter flowering bulbs and tubers are certainly confused. They've been waiting all year for summer to come so that they can get their summer baking whilst dormant but have finally realized that summer ain't coming this year so they have finally come out of their dormancy!

• Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +31,487
        We got Evening Primrose is starting the flower again

• Agree Agree x 1