1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

cordless lawnmower

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by trying hard, Mar 5, 2008.

1. trying hard

trying hard Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone tried one ? Any good ?
    I've just got a small lawn in the front, but like it kept short and neat.

Many thanks

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Ive only ever used a electric mower once in my life so cant comment other than to buy a well known brand ie bosch so you can get a replacement battery when it goes.

3. Iceni

Iceni Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The cutting system on a battery version is likely to be similar to the mains version, although it may not turn as quickly.

The battery version has limited power so in the spring the battery won't as long if the grass is really thick and long.

It's really down to whether getting the lead out is too much hassle.

4. The Lost Antheus

The Lost Antheus Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    If petrol I would go for a Mountfield 3.5hp (though for a small lawn it might be a bit much)rotary mower for general purposes or Ransomes cylinder for a fine lawn look. For really fine lawns I can't fault Paladin, I used one on a bowling green that was 20 years old and still going well on 3 cuts a week!