1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cup & Saucer vine Flowered

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rosa, Jul 29, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    went out onto my balcony and seen my cup and saucer vine has flowered im absolutely delighted, got pics so will put them up but it was hard getting them as it has flowered on outside at top of my balcony.
    victoria you will be pleased to hear this its taken its third year couldnt believe it when i saw the flowers.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres 3 pics will try and get better ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Stunning flowers you have there rosa.
    nice to see. thankyou
    robert

4. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
  5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,919
    Well done rosa, it's lovely ... well worth the wait. Just love that first shot .... looks like a fairy skirt! :hehe: I must get some more going myself as I did enjoy them and it covered my shed if you remember.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks capney,lollipop and victoria.
    i was well chuffed when i saw the flower sure there is more but cant see them from inside my balcony, will go downstairs and see iff i can get some pics, the pics are not that good i got it was hard to take.
    victoria the vine is all around my balcony no flowers inside so i guess the vine needs light to flower anyway im just delighted it took some time didnt it for it to flower, were yours purple could of sworn yours were red, you will have to grow more.
    victoria about the seeds from the flowers how do i get them and when do i get them, as my friend wants some seeds for her garden.

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,919
    I again rosa.

No, mine were purple too ... but I had these strange yellow ones also ... never did know why that was .... male and female it looks ....

[​IMG]

This is one with a fruit ...

[​IMG]

This was one of the ripened fruit ...

[​IMG]

This was my vine in it's glory and it went all around the right-hand side and over the roof ...

[​IMG]

They only bloom on top of the leaves looking for the sun. To be honest, I don't think you'll get fruit as you're not warm enough for them to develop or ripen, so your friend may have to get a packet from the garden center.

As you can see, these pics are from my early days of photography. :hehe::flag:

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    great pics victoria so the fruit are the seeds didnt realize that thought the flowers produced the seeds, my friend cant get a cup and saucer vine like ours, she got one and it hasnt grown like ours she said they must be different in portugal to over here.

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Great pictures Rosa,your vine is beautiful:gnthb: Just be careful when you try to get more photos if they are near the top and outside.:p

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks kandy, just been out tried to get pics i too have a yellow flower looks like 2 are flowering didnt realize till i uploaded pics and pics not that good but will put them up, they were hard to get pics being on outside of balcony, will go downstairs and have a look see what pics i can get

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres some more pics i got and the yellow one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    got a suprise those yellow flowers on the vine have turned mauve to purple colour, heres pics of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]