1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Damaged strawberries - Could you help me identify the problem?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Aldo, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Aldo

Aldo Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,318
    Some of the fruits from my strawberries in tubs have a somewhat glossy look to them, and the little leaves around them look like they are turning reddish.
    I let one of the fruit develop and one side turned out waxy, somewhat grey and definetely unhealthy (sorry, I did not take a photo of that specific one, which would probably have been more illustrative than the one I am posting).
    is this some kind of fungus?

[​IMG]

Also, a few more fruits show damage or even rot, even if they are not touching the ground directly. I suppose that might be some kind of aphid or beetle?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any advice and/or suggestion on how to contain the problem :)