1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Anvil Loper vs. ByPass Loper?

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by hedgefog, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    To prune this each year I use two pruners.

P1000654.JPG

A Barnel telescopic

(stock photo)

s-l1600.jpg

They aren't cheap at £100 including postage on eBay and they'll only cut thin branches, though it comes with a saw you can attach. They are easy to ruin if you try to prune too thick a branch. I did one in, five years ago when they were around £65. So had to buy another.

I also have a Fiskars anvil one for thicker branches. But this isn't telescopic and hasn't nearly as long a reach.
    It's operated by a handle half way down the shaft, or by a ball on the end of a cord which runs down the centre of the pole.
    But I've doubled the reach recently, by adding a long steel tube to the end and extending the cord. I've another bit of tube I can add if necessary.

100000.jpg

• Like Like x 1