"Distressed" garden ornaments

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by ViewAhead, May 23, 2024.

1. ViewAhead

ViewAhead Keen Gardener

South of the South Downs, north of the sea!
    Ratings:
    +1,836
    I see what you mean ... though the little epimediums (which flowered for the first time this yr after a long, long wait) would be unimpressed. :biggrin: In the l-shaped bit there is a native Kerria. It flowers quite well, as this is before the oak leaves come out so there is more light then. The Fargesia beside it is in a sunken pot, so I can keep it hydrated better. Another Fargesia in the empty spot (in a sunken pot) couldn't cope at all. Just goes to show a couple of feet in one direction can make all the difference.

2. ViewAhead

ViewAhead Keen Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,836
    I have bitten the bullet and ordered the "distressed" orbs. I had them on my ebay watchlist and the seller offered me 10% off. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • amancalledgeorge

amancalledgeorge Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +681
      Yes that's top advice...always add eBay items on a watchlist

• Agree Agree x 1
      • ViewAhead

ViewAhead Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,836
        It has worked for me 3 times this week alone. :biggrin: I suspect it is almost standard now for sellers to automatically send out discounts if you show interest.

@JennyJB, I have taken on board your advice and put one of my spare ferns in a light coloured container on the ground in the crook of the L. It really draws the eye well. :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
        • ViewAhead

ViewAhead Keen Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,836
          Update! :)

My orbs have arrived. Impressive speed. :blue thumb: Not absolutely convinced they brighten the area as much as my lampshade-mirror concoction, but I quite like them. Strangely, I would really baulk at paying £25 for a plant and yet for some shaped metal strips, it doesn't seem a problem. On the plus side, they involve zero plastic and are completely recyclable, two bonuses!

IMG_1072.jpeg

• Like Like x 3