1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Does garden Lime have a sell by date?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by silu, Mar 14, 2017.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    While hunting high and low for my tin of Jeyes Fluid (not found yet:wallbanging:) to use for cleaning my greenhouse glass I have found a bag of garden Lime. We have lived here for 15 years and I didn't buy it so it's at least 15 years old and could be 50 for all I know. I was going to use wood ash from my wood burner to put on areas where I intend to grow Cauliflowers and Broccoli but maybe I could use this Lime? It would seem unlikely that it would go off but I have no idea really as to whether it's ok to use or better to bin.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It was probably 90 million years old when they bought it, so should still be ok :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,830
      Agree with Zigs, it's ground up limestone or chalk so will last forever....

• Like Like x 2
      • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
        +8,083
        Thanks, thought as much but thought I'd check just in case, and found my Jeyes Fluid too eventually. Now have a sparkly greenhouse all ready for the season so feel I have achieved something today for a change:)

• Like Like x 1