1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

fast growing bushy plant

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by riverside, Sep 21, 2008.

1. riverside

riverside Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I dug out of my main front bed in April/May a bushy plant and last Friday had to dig it all out again as it had grown back bigger and bushier than ever.

description:
    woody stemed shoots straight up from the ground, with leaves either side all the way up. it's got a 'joined' continuous root system to take over the beds (like bramble) which makes it exceedingly difficult to get out. it's leaves are small round/oval greenish blue with small pink flowers and white berries late in the year. It grows at an amazing speed and seems to latch its root system very close to other plants so it cant be dug out as easily, though this isnt always the case i noticed a regularity to it when digging it out again

what is it and is there anyway to keep it gone?

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Snowberry, Symphoricarpos albus laevigatus, you could try sbk brushwood killer.

3. riverside

riverside Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    that is brilliant that is exactly the plant :thmb: can I use sbk brushwood killer in a shrub bed?
    I've got a two mature tree/bush plants in there, another plant (white/green leaves, also very fast grower - but i like this one), and a few newly planted lavenders, thymes and rosemarys. The snowberry seems to be living in next doors hedge as well which borders my garden (I have fences all round btw, and I have removed a fair few rootball systems recently and back in april/may)

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Use the soluble concentrate and brush it on that way you can target what you want,don't use the spray gun one.