1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fresh restart from seed ?

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Matthew Doswell, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Matthew Doswell

Matthew Doswell Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good evening.

After some advice on my lawn.

I have been in a new build for the past 2 years, and unfortunately seem to be battling a loosing battle getting my lawn to where it should be.

For starters its really patchy, no feed, seed , raking love and care seems to want to bring it back. At a guess i would imagine the current base is not providing drainage, nurtients and the good things to help a healthy lawn.

I also have been battling a mass of leather jackets, no amount of nematodes seems to rectify this.

So, im thinking of killing and the lawn off ( unsure whether their is a product that will kill the leather jackets also?) To allow me start from scratch.

The advice i am after would be how best to go about this, time of year, what can be added to help and anything to assist.

Apprecaite a responses.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,610
      Welcome to Gardeners Corner Matthew. :)

We have quite a few members join with new build garden problems. Quite often builders don't bother providing a garden that's workable and will bury rubbish and rubble covered with a few inches of soil, turf or grass seed it and walk away. Unfortunately in most cases it's down to the new owner to sort the problems out.

I suggest you have a look at the threads in GC's Lawns forum, you will find them quite helpful and of course you are welcome to start a thread there or post on an existing one. I've attached the link below for you to click on.....

Lawns | Gardeners Corner - The Friendly Gardening Forum

• Like Like x 1