1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrated

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by trogre, Apr 18, 2013.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +280
    I am neither an artist with paint or plants and I have forgotten how frustrating it is to plan a border from nearly the start. We have a border roughly around 4 feet x 16 feet. In the centre is a clematis Nelly Moser, at one end a buddleia and the other I think is a Euonymous .A small Lavender and about 3 feet from the Buddleia a hosta,not yet come up.
    I have been ploughing through the web looking for 2 summer flowering perennials to grow in between the Euonymous and N.Moser that grow no more than 3 feet. Everything that seems to be ideal is either sold out or one web page say 2-3 feet high yet another 3-4 feet gggrrr.We do not want to loose the N.Moser again.

The reason we are looking for new plants is the fuchsia we had must of grown to about 5 feet H x 5 feet W and we were losing the N.Moser,it had to come out. We also had some type of lilies that also were growing over the grass and killing it and smothering the hosta.

So So frustrating just to find just 2 plants for the back. The middle/front is not as bad as there are a lot more choices. I was thinking of a hardy geranium but which one I do not know yet, I have lots of fuchsias in pots so I can put a couple of them in for summer and lift for winter.
    Another good plant seems to be the Coreopsis Cranberry Ice. No doubt I will get there but a lot more searching yet!!!
    Border 12.jpg

2. Hannah's Rose Garden

Hannah's Rose Garden Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,410
    What look are you going for? thats a good place to start