FUCHSIAS 2020

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Jan 18, 2020.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91,172
  2. Kim57

Kim57 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi
    I was just wondering with the crazy weather we have been having is it too soon to repot my Fuchsias?
    I have about 60 of them and several need repotting they are all budding and/or have a fair amount of growth on them. Hanging baskets need to be done as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +91,172
      I would go ahead and repot the Fuchsias, Kim.:thumbsup: I have been, for the last couple of weeks, repotting various plants without any problems.:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:

• ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,636
      Have grown Fuchsias for many years but had a first with the cuttings this year.

Took 40 cuttings last month and inserted them into shallow clear pots( cut down plastic beer pots) filled with just Perlite and water, using a simple heated prop and provided some cheap led lighting from day one.

Just lifted them out and potted on into compost, all 40 growing well with decent roots.:)

Was a method another forum member suggested the other year, but cannot remember who it was, so cannot directly pass the thanks on to him.. just hope he sees this post :dbgrtmb:

000104.jpg

• andrews

andrews Super Gardener

Waste Management and Consultancy
      Ratings:
      +2,202
      Ive taken cutting s from Fuchisia Boliviana and Boliviana Alba over the winter as the plants were getting leggy inside.

Ive moved them into the polytunnel now and they are doing ok but don't seem to enjoy the changes in temperature. Hoping I can get them to limp through the back end of winter and that they will take off in spring when it finally arrives