1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardena irrigation system plus hosepipe

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Mark Wingfield, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Mark Wingfield

Mark Wingfield Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a bit of a home automation nut and so am looking at expanding my Gardena system to run a Gardena sprinkler and, possibly, drip irrigation system that can integrate with my Home Assistant system. I have looked at the Gardena controller and valve system they use and this has lead to a very basic question that the product site does not consider.

It will be run off an external tap. If I wanted to use my existing hosepipe for other tasks (such as window cleaning, tools cleaning etc), where do I connect the hosepipe when the system is connected to the water tap? I have seen adaptors for 2 connections to a single tap but don't know if this is suitable in this case.

2. Jocko

Jocko Guided by my better half.

Retired engineer. Now Vice CEO of the garden.
    Danderhall on southern edge of Edinburgh. Zone 8a.
    Ratings:
    +6,780
    The two-way adaptor is the way to go. Just like a multi-way extension block for electricity. You can put a hose fitting that requires something connected to it before it passes water on the second spur Or even use it to feed a second tap.

[​IMG]