1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening & Teeth

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by becca, May 25, 2005.

1. becca

becca Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My Bloke is a gardener and he has had some teeth problems since he took it up as a full time occupation he wonders whether it is linked to the gardening. Has any one else had similar experiences? (He also has had back problems and wonders about that being linked too but I think that one's just obvious really!)

2. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Depends what he is using his teeth for whilst working <gg>. I haven't heard of any problems in this respect in many years working in the NHS - is he working with many chemicals?

3. Will Dunkerley

Will Dunkerley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Fran here - I can't imagine anything affecting his teeth unless he's using them as a chainsaw ;)

For the record, I don't know of any chemicals that would cause that either, but he should hopefully be following the label instructions anyway...

4. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a change in diet has caused this (too many sweeties perhaps? ;) ) He really should visit the dentist. + perhaps he needs to up his calcium intake & take some glucosamine as he will get more joint pains/strains from constant use. (I've developed a bad knee & carpal tunnel syndrome since taking this up as a career, but my teeth are fine!) My joint problems are eased by always warming up & stretching before hand & a bout of Yoga after a hot bath at night (a glass of the good stuff doesn't hurt either!)

5. The Skiver

The Skiver Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It may also be that he is either gritting or grinding his teeth whilst he is working. Tell him to try chewing gum [sugar free, natch] and see if that solves the problem.

6. weed puller

weed puller Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    becca
    Another good reason would be that he is rushing his food now so that he can get all the work done in time. Simlar thing happened to a friend, this causes him to to belch later in the day and specialy if he eats pickles of any dicription as this brings back up a fine spray of acid and so disolves the enamel on the teeth. Weed puller

7. becca

becca Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Great answers guys thanks a lot i'll tell him what you said when he gets back from the dentist. ;)

8. revin helen

revin helen Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    If he had in in-door job before it could simple be that they're sensitive to cold. I started to get painful teeth when I started riding a motobike, now I'm back in a car they no longer hurt.

9. lynne

lynne Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    what sort of teeth problem are we talking about here?

10. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  11. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    yes you could be right Steve lol :p

12. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings: