geraniums - potting up

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Andrew Kennedy, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Andrew Kennedy

Andrew Kennedy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I appreciate keeping a geraniums in the same pots for more that a couple of years, the plant will become woody and the flowers get smaller. Would I be correct in thinking that if the plant is well feed each year, I should be able to keep them in the same pots for a few more years without too much change in the size of the flowers - I am in my 80's and I am not looking for work!!

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +90,018
      I think if you feed in the growing season you can get away with it, I assume we are referring to Pelargoniums or is it Hardy Geraniums.

• Like Like x 1
      • Balc

Balc Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +9,684
        I feed my Geraniums (Pelargoniums) all summer & they spend a couple of years in the same pots. Though I take lots of cutting & start many afresh every year. The cutting once they grow & flower always look much better that the others.