1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Glyphosate source

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Loofah, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,259
    I’ve not used that. Does it have a small booklet stuck on the container? I tend to stick with Roundup which serves me well.

I’ll see if there’s documentation for it online.

2. Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,259
    https://a1lawn.co.uk/msds_sheets/Gallup Biograde 360 Label.pdf

All the details are there. At the end it shows rates for knapsack use and nozzle. Normally if it’s grass or what I class as weak plants I aim at a low rate. Once you step up to brambles, ivy then I increase the mixture rate to comply with outputs.

If I was doing around 500m2 I would be using 10ltrs of water and 250ml of Roundup with a 1mtr width nozzle and walking about 1mtr per second following the dosage on the instructions.
    I tend to use 100ml per 5ltr for general weed applications with good results. For grasses I go less if it’s annual meadow for example or more if it’s bramble or nettles.

if say you wanted the best performance and with my professional cap off if you follow me, 250ml in 10ltrs would be fine but don’t quote me on that
    Gallup would be in the same ball park if aiming at the same coverage at 5/ha for 1000m2.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      Thanks for the info @Liz the pot :blue thumb: So a 2.5% mix is correct for my usage.
      You can put your cap back on now :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1