1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Grow Light

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by mazambo, Sep 16, 2018.

1. CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
    Ratings:
    +30,610
    Yes @Scrungee, our electricity rates are lower at night too so mine come on when the rates drop. They do run a few hours into regular rates but being LEDs they're affordable. I think this year I will set up some strings in the greenhouse some time in April and run them from sunset a few hours to top up the number of hours of light to plant out conditions. It is too expensive to try heating the greenhouse before then. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      I try and delay moving plants from indoors to my greenhouse as long as possible to avoid heating the whole place just for a small amount of plants, assisted by bringing my greenhouse lighting indoors and setting up tiered staging in front of a window, but Mrs Scrungee only lets me do that in one room :mad:

Then, just as it's getting unbearably crowded indoors, outside light levels have increased enough to move everything into the greenhouse and put heating and lights on in there.

Then I look at all that unused space and empty growbox indoors and think about getting a whole load more stuff going to be ready to fill the gaps in the greenhouse when plants from there go into a poly tunnel.

And so on.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1