1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Grown Senetti Plants?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by cottage garden learner, Apr 16, 2011.

1. cottage garden learner

cottage garden learner Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

It's been quite a long time since I posted but I am still learning bit by bit.

My spring bulbs came up a treat this year and my display was beautiful.

I'm still trying to create a cottage garden in my corner patch.

I was out today and saw the most striking plants so bought a purple and cerese coloured one of each. The are called Senetti. Can these be planted in my patch? Any tips on growing them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy gardening all

2. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Hi CGL. No I have never tried growing them, but they are eyecatching and I have thought about growing them from seed.

I think the name Senetti is a trade name. Its a variety of Cineraria, technically Pericallis x hybrida. I think if you Google under those names you might find out more. I understand that they are tender perennials, which like heat. I know of one chap living in Torquay who overwintered them in his garden for several years - but I wouldn't try it if you don't live there.

3. cottage garden learner

cottage garden learner Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Peter

I think I will try putting them into my flower patch and see what happens. They really are striking