1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Heat Mat's and Lamps

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Prkns, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Prkns

Prkns Gardener

Web Designer
    Ratings:
    +303
    Ok. So i never thought that my obsession with gardening would grow (excuse the pun) this quickly and what has initially gone from just making a nice looking garden has now evolved into me pretty much adoring every aspect of my garden. So much so that i wanted to get involved with the growing of plants and flowers from seeds, cuttings, bulbs, tubers, etc...

This then lead to my small investment of an outdoor plastic growhouse. I love this little thing. It fits perfectly in my garden, has just enough space for me to do what i want to do and doesn't look unsightly (i also need everything to look good and not out of place).

2015-08-02 17.42.00.jpg

My predicament is that i'm basically in love with Dahlia's. Everything about them... so much so that i want to grow my own from tuber and cutting. My issue is that i don't have a "green house". So should i add a small heat mat and growing lamp into my outdoor growhouse? I can get power to it in the form of an outdoor extension lead and a drybox within the growhouse itself but i don't know if this is a pointless exercise?

Has anyone done anything like this in the past and has anyone got any advice for me before i spend some money. I've priced it up and it's looking like £30 to get it all kitted out with a mat and lights, so not a massive investment. I just don't want to do it if it's not going to work?!

Help! I'm getting drawn further into the inner ring ha ha

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,617
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prkns

Prkns Gardener

Web Designer
      Ratings:
      +303
      Thanks @Sheal. I'll give that thread a read :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1