Height of tree.

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Retired, May 21, 2022.

1. Retired

Retired Some people are so poor all they have is money

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +5,790
    Hi,

I've recently been felling 15 tall trees and wondered how to determine their height so I browsed YouTube and here's just one of many videos which I found very useful indeed.

I was concerned about the trees landing on the bungalow roof or on the lane at the top of the garden both would prove highly dangerous.

The tallest tree proved to be 65' and the only place to accomodate it was diagonally to the top corner of the garden; how do I know it was 65' tall; I used the stick method which proved accurate and once the tree was down I measured it; at this point the base of the tree to the top corner of the garden was 70' but I had to fell it perfectly because vehicles passed by on the adjacent lane and it was also windy during felling to make it more interesting.

12 March 2022_0008.JPG
    I hope this is of help to anyone; it worked a treat for me but I don't encourage anyone to use a chainsaw if they are unsure of their ability.

Kind regards, Colin.