Hello! I am new and looking for advise

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lucys, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well done Laburnum, is that white an azalea - its beautiful

2. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fran
    The plant in the barrel is a Rhododendron It has very large very pale pink flowers, almost white. When the buds appear they are mauve in colour. It has been in the barrel for about 12years and gets bigger and better every year.It was a tiny little shrub about a foot high when I planted it.
    I joined this site to see what I could do with my other one which is getting a bit bare at the bottom, as you can see from my photos on Larburnum

3. Coralbat

Coralbat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Help, whats gone wrong. My sweet peas have failed to flower. I,ve planted some for the last eight years (in pots) and got a nice display.Now apart from four small flowers at the top of one pot, nothing.I was late planting.I used a different compost.Put extra in to get a good display, then tried to thin out to get some light to the centre. Could any of these be the reason.

4. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    :D Great to see you've posted a pic Laburnum. There'll be no stopping you now!

5. rosegarden

rosegarden Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Larburnum have just come across your picture of your lovly garden,its nice to see other people garden on the web site,the yellow lupin in your garden is it call yellow lupin or has it got another name would love to grow it from seed
    Rosegarden [​IMG]

6. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rosegarden, Nice to hear from you. I am sorry I don.t know the name of the yellow lupin I bought it at the "Scotland Gardening" show in Edinburgh two years ago when they were selling off all the plants. It was in full bloom in a big pot. I went back this year and bought another one which is still in its pot.Both gave a lovely show
    this year.
    Are you a rose lover? I have nearly 70 bushes 50 of which are "Piccolo" I just love them and never have any trouble with them if they get fed and sprayed each year.
    Perhaps some of our expert members may find you a thread on yellow lupins.