Hope someone is knowledgeable re Geraniums.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by silu, Apr 12, 2013.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Can anybody identify which variety this is please.It is such a pretty Geranium and I like it because it flowers really early even up here in Scotland (normally in April but NOT this season!) It will flower continuously until about end of June and then often again in the Autumn. It has a tap root which is an orangey colour and comes true from seed. Can't divide this 1. The only down side is that large specimens don't move very well due to the tap root I expect. I orginally bought a couple of plants from a small private nursery and of course have forgotten what variety this was called! I've looked in a few gardening books and never found the same 1. Most of my other Geraniums don't have tap roots and are easy to divide. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Could it be Johnson's Blue? :dunno:

I'm no expert, but that is what it looks like to my (beginners) eye.

3. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Fraid not Mum but thanks anyway. Have Johnson's Blue which has bigger/bluer flowers and no tap root. Good of you to try and help tho.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lavender

Lavender Gardener

Ratings:
      +6
      It looks a bit like Geranium pyrenaicum, maybe the cultivar Bill Wallis.

• Like Like x 1