1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

HUMMING AND HARRING ABOUT A GARDEN STATUE/ORNAMENT

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,552
    Now which of your reputations would that be @ARMANDII ? :heehee:

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    I have more than one???:scratch::doh::heehee:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,552
      Of course, but I don't think you'd want me to list them here. :heehee:

• Like Like x 1
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,836
        I decided to "work" from Home today as I wanted to move the Stone Plinth from the Patio to the new permanent site in the "walk around" border.......easier said than done!:doh: The Plinth weighs 190lbs and my garden paths are narrow, just enough to fit the Porters Trolley on which I was using to move the Plinth.
        I then had to hoist the Plinth up 6" over the sleepers that line the border and lifting 190lbs at my age:old: felt like I was lifting the Planet Earth itself.:hate-shocked: But, bit by bit, I managed to maneouvre the Plinth onto the flags I'd laid on the soft soil of the border and then pull/push it onto the final concrete ornate flag where it now is in the centre of the border. I've positioned the Plinth so the Statue, when it arrives, will be facing you as you emerge from the Clematis clad Trellis Entrance and, in the Summer will be partly hidden by the tall Hardy Perennials so it's something that you see out of the corner of your eye and have to take a second look to realise that it's there.
        The only injury or damage was to a couple of my fingers, getting slightly crushed, and my pride when I found out that I wasn't as strong as I wanted to be:old: and whereas in "days of Yore" when I was able to do the job in one go it now took a couple of "breathers" before the Plinth was in place.:dunno::heehee: Still, the heavy lifting job is now out of the way and I can spend the weekend tidying up the area and putting the flags back in place.:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:

• Like Like x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 1