1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for Privacy Screen

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Irmemac, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,686
    My patio is quite exposed, but I have not been keen to put up any fixed screening as sometimes we use the whole space. I have been racking my brains to think of something which would do the job but allow flexibility. I thought I would share the idea I have had. I've bought a couple of planters with trellis, and 8 strong wheels. I'm going to attach the wheels, plant up the planters with some climbers, and then I can use them flexibly to provide screening when needed, but when it's windy or I need more space I can move them to the side of the house as required. You can also buy these kinds of planters with wheels already attached, but they are more expensive than the way I have done it. It's hardly rocket science, but I'm quite pleased to have come up with this!

IMG_4042.JPG IMG_4043.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Sounds ingenious Irmemac. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Hello @Irmemac brilliant idea mate, as my hubby build the same thing the side of our porch when we had settled in but he also added a plain Acrylic Sheet in full length and you can purchase them coloured...great idea concerning the wheels :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1