1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for rocks/stones

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by matt, Jan 23, 2005.

1. matt

matt Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to put down a lawn and in clearing my garden out to make room for it I have shifted about 100 rocks/stones, the smallest being around the size of a housebrick, the largest being around the size of a pillow. I don't want to get rid of them so I am looking for some ideas, perhaps a bit more imaginative than "build a rockery" which is about all I've been able to come up with! Please help!

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Could be used for a water feature of some kind ?

Nathan.

3. cathysue

cathysue Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I have seen rock sculptures in various places eg country house gardens, chelsea flower show. The rocks/stones have a hole drilled through the middle and are then strung onto a steel rod for support. Don't know how you would do it yourself though as I would imagine you would need some pretty heavy duty drilling gear?

Cathysue