1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Invasive plants

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Jack Sparrow, Jun 19, 2019.

1. CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,345
    Yes that Lysimachia fools you - great colour foliage, but a real weed - took me a few years to get rid of it. Same with Houttuynia. But I've never managed to get Job's tears to grow for me! Convolvulus althaeoides tenuissimus was just right - not too invasive but put itself in interesting places.

• Like Like x 2
    • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +21,339
      @CarolineL
      In Essex Job's Tears was a well behaved garden plant forming a clump. Down here in Devon it turns into a thug self seeding with gay abandon and it has escaped into the wild locally. I put it down to difference in rainfall and humidity, so I am surprised it doesn't do in Carmethenshire.

• Like Like x 1
      • CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
        Ratings:
        +4,345
        Thanks @NigelJ but I am in my first season back here in Carmarthenshire - my failures were in Nottinghamshire - cold and windy. I have noticed around my village here that Briza maxima seems to have made its escape.