1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ipheion- anyone able to give an opinion on these please?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by CanadianLori, Aug 26, 2019.

1. CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
    Ratings:
    +30,616
    I moved several perrenials to better place them for their light requirements and now have other areas to fill in.

I'm looking at a catalogue with a mixture called Starry Starry Night Starflower Blend. It includes Jessie, Charlotte Bishop and chalk white Alberto Castillo. It looks like a pretty mix and according tto the description it only grows 7 to 12" tall which would be perfect for where I need them.

Do they leave a nice leafy plant after flowering?

2. CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,345
    Hi @CanadianLori in my experience they leave a clump of chive like leaves then disappear over the summer. One of mine is now coming through with foliage again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,616
      Thanks @CarlineL - that doesn't sound all that exciting. I'll have to give this one a good think and go back to the catalogues!

• Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,830
      I’ve got Ipheion “Wisley Blue”. It’s a super plant flowering for well over a month from the end of March but as you live in a climate with colder winters, that might be delayed. It’s really pretty and cheerful. Like @CarolineL ’s the leaves of mine are just beginning to emerge. The leaves do disappear over the summer.

• Informative Informative x 1